Hey Peeps, How are things going in your neck of the woods?
Over here in SoCal, we are experiencing higher than normal temps and the Ocean still looks amazing and is often calling my name. Personally, I am incredibly grateful to live here so close to the Ocean and for the many blessings in my life. Having said that, I am finding it harder to read the overall “temp”, mood, moral of people in general.
It is concerning due to so many announcements of job losses, brand closures and Mom and Pop businesses not reopening. I am aware that this pandemic has affected people even if they do not get sick. I can personally attest to the effects of COVID here at home, but I really want to make this about the people being affected more than just by the restrictions of the pandemic and everything that has come with it. I am deeply concerned for those affected by the harsher consequences- the emotional and financial toll that has burdened so many.
Many people are not working enough hours, others have no job at all, and unemployment benefits are about to run out. Furthermore, some are dealing with relationship problems caused by the financial strain on families, separations, evictions, and divorces are on the rise. To top it all off, both adults and kids are sharing space at home for schooling and work. Families require more utilities, more creative workspace solutions, additional technology, and an increased need for coordination. There is no readily apparent time for even a tiny respite from whatever is affecting us and self-care has taken a back seat, and I mean way in the back.
So, the PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION theme of week 2 for the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE means a lot more than just the progress of my project as I have had to utilize assistance from my husband on this particular project. This PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION theme will likely resonate with many of your own current struggles. PNP – (PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION) could be as simple as having a better routine or rhythm that fits everyone working from home, or as small as putting the laundry away or getting the dishes loaded. Whatever it is, PNP is getting one little, tiny task completed and accomplished especially if you are finding it hard to get motivated. Do not be hard on yourself, you are doing a great job.
If you would like to see where I started and where we are headed on this project please, check out Week 1 progress, Week #2, Week #3, Week #4, Week #5 on the blog and see how far we have come.
@PROGRESSNOTPERFECTION – TINY BEDROOM MAKEOVER
So, on that theme, here is what we accomplished this week on this Tiny Bedroom Makeover. We are working with full schedules, we are completing some of these tasks during breaks, in the late afternoon or whenever we can fit it in. I think I mentioned on the last blog post that not only is this bedroom tiny, but the entire condo is less than 900sf. When we work in the bedroom, we must move things from one side of the room to another- we are not working on an empty room which would make it so much easier. We also have to deal with the logistics of three of us working from home, two of us running businesses and one teen high schooling from home. We have had to practice a lot of patience and deal with organized chaos.
Now more than ever our homes need to look pleasing, inspiring, and serve many functions. Since we have been spending more time at home, we have come to realize how much we desire a home that is stylish, inspiring, and cohesive and a home that makes us feel good. By getting some of the projects completed we will have the “reward” of feeling so much better, we are going to smile, breathe a sigh of welcomed relief, comfort, and pride. I honestly believe this is a great time to refresh, redo, renovate, style, decorate or makeover spaces in your home that you have been wanting to do. I know that not everyone has the time or resources, but small changes make a huge difference. That is the reason I am making over this tiny bedroom with a small investment and simple changes that everyone can do to spruce up any space in their home. You will feel better when your surroundings are aesthetically pleasing.
If you are motivated to update, refresh, decorate or just breathe new life to any space in your home, Go for it. It could be just a corner or a reading area, an area for meditation or an outdoor room. Create, while you are creating you are breathing better and you are renovating more than just the space you are working on; you are renovating the way you feel.
ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 2- #PROGRESSNOTPERFECTION
What we completed.
- PATCHED HOLES AND BLEMISHES ON THE WALL (WE ARE WORKING ONE WALL AT THE TIME SINCE WE ARE STILL USING THE BEDROOM WHILE WE MAKE IT OVER)
- SPRAYED TEXTRUE WHERE NEEDED
- SEALED THE WINDOW
- PRIMED AND PAINTED THE WALL, AROUND THE WINDOW SEAL, THE BASEBOARDS AND THE FIRST COAT TO THE ADJACENT WALL. (THE WALL WHERE THE HEAD OF THE BED WOULD BE)
- HUNG A NEW CURTAIN ROD IN BLACK FOR GREAT CONTRAST WITH THE BRIGHT WHITE WALLS.
- HUNG THE CURTAINS (I AM LOVING THE FABRIC AND THE HANDINESS OF THOSE READY-MADE PANELS SO MUCH SO THAT I AM CONSIDERING ADDING 2 MORE PANELS FOR MORE FULNESS.)
- INSTALLED THE WALL LAMPS ABOVE THE BEDSIDE CABINETS TO HELP DECLUTTER THE TOPS OF THE CABINETS.
- STARTED THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE NIGHT STANDS…..
#betterhomesandgardens, #oneroomchallenge, #apartmenttherapy, #schaub_and_co, #dunnedwardspaints
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PROGRESS WE MAKE, THE STEPS WE TAKE TOWARD WHAT WE WANT TO ACCOMPLISH. #PROGRESSNOTPERFECTION
PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION FOR WEEK #2
Still to do.
- PATCH HOLES ON THE REST OF THE WALLS AND SPRAY TEXTURE, ESSENTIALLY A WALL AND ONE HALF BECAUSE THE OTHER WALL WHERE THE TV IS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.
- PRIME AND PAINT.
- COVER THE DRESSER WITH THE STUNNING BLACK PEEL AND STICK PAPER I FOUND.
- PATCH HOLES FROM PREVIOUS HARDWARE ON THE DRESSER
- ADD NEW HARDWARE – UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL HARDWARE BY @SCHAUB_AND_CO
- SPRAY PAINT LEGS AND THE BEDSIDE CABINETS, COVER TOP AND SHELF WITH BLACK PEEL AND STICK PAPER.
- PATCH THE HOLE FROM THE OLD HARDWARE, ADD NEW HARDWARE
- ADD ARTWORK
- PAINT AN ARCH (AN UNEXPECTED ITEM THAT AM NOT 100% DECIDED ON, BUT THINK IT WOULD ADD A BIT OF INTEREST TO AN OVERALL BLACK, WHITE AND BEIGE ROOM).
Stay connected! I will keep you updated on social media regarding the progress made and any design changes I come up with to enhance the appearance and organization of the tiny bedroom. Remember, small changes can make a huge difference to a room’s style and personality.
ps The Result we are working toward.